There is nothing more precious than a new little bundle of joy being born and no better excuse to get your craft on!
I have been obsessed with cloud related designs for some time and have previously made a friend a cloud mobile for her new arrival but this time I wanted to create more of a garland. So here it is…
What I love more than anything about this project is that is is super simple and quick to make.
I used felt to create the clouds having drawn a template freehand onto card, used a simple blanket stitch to join the clouds, stuffed them with toy stuffing and joined them using Christmas gift cord from Paperchase.
Here’s what you need:
- Card and pencil to make your template
- Felt (1 sheet of felt will make 2 clouds of approx. 10cm wide)
- Embroidery thread
- Sewing needle
- Toy stuffing
- Cord to join the clouds
- Vanishing fabric pen
The seven simple steps:
- Draw and cut out your cloud template in card
- Draw round the template onto the felt using the vanishing fabric pen
- Cut out your clouds
- Begin to blanket stitch your cloud together starting and ending as shown in the picture below
- Place the joining cord into the cloud
- Begin to stuff the cloud with the toy stuffing and continue to blanket stitch round adding more stuffing as required
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the desired number of clouds
The way the clouds are joined allows them to move along the cord so there is no need to worry about spacing.
Gift to a friend with a new bambino or keep for yourself to enjoy!